August 2nd, 2018
WHAT IS IT?
Acetyl-L-Carnitine is the acetylated derivative of the amino acid L-Carnitine. L-Carnitine is found in a variety of protein sources and sports supplements. It is involved in the production of energy, fat metabolism and mitochondrial protection in the body.
Acetyl-L-Carnitine is used to help your body produce energy, it does this by shuttling fatty acids from stored body fat into the mitochondria (body energy production site) of muscle cells to be utilised for energy. This allows your body to access those stubborn areas of stored body fat and increases both fat metabolism and energy production.
The ‘Acetyl’ chain of Acetyl-L-Carnitine has the added benefit of improved cognitive function. It does this through its ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, meaning it can enter the brain to where it acts as an antioxidant that may improve metal focus, mood, concentration and sense of well-being.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Acetyl-L-Carnitine has a shown a wide variety of benefits in the body including:
- Increased fat metabolism and stored body fat reduction
- Increased cognitive function
- Improved insulin sensitivity
- Increased athletic performance
- Faster recovery after intense exercise
- Higher intensity work capacity
- Prevention of oxidative stress and abolishes free radicals
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Reduces the effects of ageing including neurological decline and chronic fatigue
WHO SHOULD USE IT?
- Individuals looking to improve their body composition and reduce body fat
- Any athlete involved in strength, power, hypertrophy or endurance sports
- Anyone looking to improve his or her overall bodily health
HOW DO YOU USE IT?
Acetyl-L-Carnitine is best taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and then again before exercise to optimise its fat metabolising properties. It can be taken alone mixed in water or can be added to other supplements such as fat burners, pre-workouts and other zero calorie beverages.
HOW MUCH SHOULD I USE?
The most efficacious dose of Acetyl-L-Carnitine is between 500mg to 2-grams. This dose can be taken at one time or split into separate doses for multiple uses throughout the day. Dosing should depend on your energy output; if you have a high-energy expenditure use the higher dose of 2-grams; aim for the lower dose of 500mg if you find your energy expenditure is in the lower range.
PRODUCTS: RAW ACETYL L-CARNITINE: 250g $29.95